This meatloaf is not only healthy but it is delicious. It makes a great dinner dish for the whole family.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 ½ cups quinoa, cooked
- ½ cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 ½ cups lentils, cooked
- ½ cup steel cut oats
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- Begin by preheating your oven to 375 degrees and greasing a loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a skillet, heat grape seed oil medium high heat.
- Once hot, add in the carrot, garlic, bell pepper, and onion. Cook for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from the heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients except for the ketchup.
- Using your hands, mix well until the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Once mixed, place the mixture into the loaf pan and spread evenly forming a loaf.
- Spread the ketchup on top and place in the oven.
- Bake for 60 minutes.
- Remove the meatloaf and cool.
- Slice and serve.
“I have not departed from the commands of his lips; I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread.” – Job 23:12 (NIV)