During the cold winter months, most people just want to eat soup and curl up with a blanket. This corn chowder is a great soup that will keep you warm and full. Try this soup during the next winter storm, and you will be able to stay warm and happy while the snow builds up.
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ White Onion, diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 8 Red Potatoes, diced
- 3 Large Carrots, peeled and diced
- 8 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup Cashews, soaked overnight
- 3 cups Corn
1. In a large stockpot, add the olive oil and diced onion. Cook for 2 minutes, then add the red pepper, potatoes and the carrots. Continue cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
2. Add 7 cups of vegetable broth, cover and simmer for 8-12 minutes, or until the potatoes have softened.
3. Next, add the cashews and 1 cup of vegetable broth to your blender and blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into the stockpot and stir to combine. Next, add the corn and cook for 5-10 minutes, then serve.