This is a hearty soup made with potatoes, corn, and red peppers. You will absolutely love the taste from the first to the last bite.
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 6 ears of corn, kernels removed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and chopped into ½ inch bites
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 carrots, chopped
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 boxes (32 ounces) vegetable broth
- 3 teaspoons thyme
- Place all of the vegetables in a large Dutch oven.
- Season with the spices.
- Turn the heat on medium and cook the vegetables for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the broth and allow it to come to a boil.
- Cover and cook for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat.
- Divide the soup into batches to go into the blender.
- Blend three quarters of the soup in the blender until smooth. (Make sure to reserve the other ¼ cup of soup and do not blend it).
- Once the soup is blended, add back into the pot with the reserved soup. Stir well.
- Heat for an additional 15 minutes of low until warm throughout and serve.
“O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day.” – Psalm 119:97