These cabbage rolls are to die for. You will love the flavors as they combine for an amazing experience.
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 cup frozen spinach, drained and defrosted
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 can (28 ounces) tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon sage
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 large cabbage leaves
- 1 onion, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a baking dish that is 8 inches by 11 inches with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place the oil in a skillet and heat over medium high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add in the carrots, onion, celery, and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add in the spinach, sage, paprika, and oregano. Stir well.
- Remove from the skillet and allow to cool.
- Heat a large pot of water to boiling.
- Add in the cabbage leaves and cook for 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Place the tomatoes in the blend and blend until pureed.
- In a large bowl, toss together the rice and cooked vegetables until mixed.
- Place the cabbage leaves on a work surface and fill each one with 1 cup of the rice filling mixture.
- Roll the leaves up and place seam side down in the greased baking dish
- Pour the pureed tomatoes over top of the cabbage rolls. Cover with foil.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes. Remove foil. Continue baking 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve.
“Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.” – Matthew 4:4 (NIV)