These acorn squash make the perfect lunch. They are very tender and stuffed with an apple and cranberry mixture.
- 2 medium apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 2 medium acorn squash
- ½ cup cranberries, dried
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
- Next, grab your squash and slice them in half.
- Scoop out the string and seeds.
- Fill a casserole pan with ½ inch of water and place the squash face down.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss together the cranberries, apples, and pine nuts.
- Remove the squash from the oven and dump the water out of the casserole dish.
- Fill each of the squash halves with the apple mixture and season each with nutmeg.
- Return the halves to the casserole dish and cover with foil.
- Continue baking for 30 minutes or until squash is tender.
“But Daniel resolved not to defile himself with the royal food and wine, and he asked the chief official for permission not to defile himself this way.” – Daniel 1:8 (NIV)